Contact Us - Tell Us Your Story
What to do if you get into a car accident.
Use this car accident checklist to help you navigate the steps to take after a car accident and ensure you have everything you need to file a claim.
1. Stay calm & check for injuries
Make sure you and all passengers in both vehicles are safe and uninjured. Staying calm will help you stay in control of the situation.
2. Move impacted vehicles out of traffic
If you are able to still drive your car, move it to the side of the road or as far away from traffic as possible. Try using hazard lights and/or setting up road flares to let traffic know you are there.
3. Call the police and report the accident
- Dial 911 and wait for the police to arrive and answer any questions they have when they file a police report.
- Provide driver’s license and insurance information.
- Tell the police exactly what happened.
- Ask for the Officer’s name and badge number of any officers you engage with.
- Request a copy of the police report for your insurance company.
4. Exchange info & take pictures
Remember to take pictures from multiple angles of any damage to both vehicles, which can help determine who’s at fault in the accident when submitting a claim.
Don’t forget to get the name, address, phone number, and insurance information of the other driver and swap information including car make and model, driver’s license numbers, and license plate numbers.
4. CONTACT TEAM TICE!
Leroy A. Tice at Team Tice is here to help you with the entire process, representing the legal process and helping you get results!